Lake of the Ozarks Golf Council Launches New “Pass it On!” Campaign to Raise Funds for Local Charities
Osage Beach, MO – Beginning today, the Lake of the Ozarks Golf Council launched a 45-day “Pass it On!” fundraising campaign to benefit four Lake-area charities.
During the “Pass it On!” campaign, anyone that makes a minimum $20 donation between now and June 30 to Citizens Against Domestic Violence, Dream Factory of the Lake of the Ozarks, Feeding Lake of the Ozarks Food Bank and/or Kids’ Harbor will have a chance to win one of four Lake of the Ozarks Golf Trail Pass cards, valued at $750 each. The winners of the four “Pass it On!” Golf Trail Pass cards will be announced the first week of July.
According to Paul Leahy, president of the Lake of the Ozarks Golf Council and director of golf at Margaritaville Lake Resort, this initiative is a great way to lend a helping hand to these charitable organizations that contribute so much to the Lake of the Ozarks area.
“In one way or another, the Corona Virus pandemic has impacted everybody’s way of life at the Lake so now is the perfect time to express your generosity and support for our local communities,” Leahy says. “With this program, it’s really easy to give and make a difference. We are encouraging anyone that can to pass along their generosity by contributing $20 or more so these great organizations can continue to help our neighbors and friends in need. And, as an added incentive to make your donation before June 30, you’ll have a chance to win a Lake of the Ozarks Golf Trail Pass which would save you $750 on golf at the Lake. So, it’s a win-win for everyone,” Leahy says.
With a Golf Trail Pass card a golfer can play up to 26 rounds of golf – two rounds at each of the 13 Golf Trail courses – for the minimal cost of a cart fee per round. Participating courses include Bear Creek Valley Golf Club, the Golf Club at Deer Chase, Eldon Golf Club, Indian Rock Golf Club, Lake Valley Golf Club, The Cove and The Ridge at The Lodge of Four Seasons, The Nine Hole Course and The Oaks at Margaritaville Lake Resort, Osage National Golf Resort, Old Kinderhook, Redfield Golf Course and Rolling Hills Country Club.
Matt Tausig, secretary/treasurer for the Golf Council and director of revenue development for The Lodge of Four Seasons says the community is at the heart of this fundraising effort.
“We live in such a great community at the Lake and it’s been amazing to see so many businesses step up to assist those affected the most by COVID-19,” Tausig says. “While many of the resorts and golf courses have contributed individually, we felt that as a group, the Golf Council could really do something big to assist these organizations. By making a donation to this campaign we’ll all be a part in making the Lake community stronger than ever.”
Angela Uxa, coordinator for Dream Factory of the Lake of the Ozarks, is delighted to be part of this initiative.
“The Dream Factory is incredibly excited for the opportunity to partner with the Lake of the Ozarks Golf Council for the ‘Pass it On!’ campaign,” Uxa says. “During these very hard times, we have found ourselves in dire need of funds just to grant the promised dreams we are currently working on. This partnership has brought us hope that we will be able to continue to grant dreams for some very deserving chronically and critically ill children. We’d like to thank the Golf Council and everyone who participates for their support.”
Donations for the “Pass it On!” campaign can be made at the following web addresses:
- Citizens Against Domestic Violence – http://www.cadv-voc.org/donate.html
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Donate.”
- Please note the “Pass it On!” campaign when donating.
- Dream Factory of the Lake of the Ozarks – https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/1392133
- Enter the donation amount and designate Lake of the Ozarks, MO Chapter as the recipient of your donation.
- Feeding Lake of the Ozarks Food Bank – https://tinyurl.com/FeedLakeoftheOzarks
- Every dollar donated is worth $21 in groceries purchased.
- Kids’ Harbor – https://kidsharbormo.org/join-and-donate/
- Click the “Donate Online” button.
Leahy adds that the Lake golf courses have remained open with added safety measures in place. “All of our courses are sensitive to the safety and well-being of all golfers that come out to play,” Leahy says. “Each course has its own safety protocol in place to remain compliant with local, state and federal guidelines to ensure a safe and enjoyable golf outing for everyone.”
For more details on the Trail Pass program, click here.
# # #
Official Facebook Free Foursome Giveaway – The Oaks Rules & Regulations
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who Like the original Free Foursome Giveaway – The Oaks post on Facebook and/or Instagram and who successfully tells us why they love playing golf at the Lake of the Ozarks in the comments section of the original post.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the Lake of the Ozarks Golf Council as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting Friday, May 8 and ending Sunday, May 17 at 12 noon.
- How to Enter: Like the original Free Foursome Giveaway – The Oaks post on Facebook and/or Instagram and who successfully tells us why they love playing golf at the Lake of the Ozarks in the comments section of the original post.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive one round of 18 holes plus riding cart for up to four golfers at The Oaks at Margaritaville Lake Resort in Osage Beach, valid Sunday through Thursday only, May 18, 2020 through May 18, 2021. Value of $240. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by The Oaks at Margaritaville Lake Resort. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at the Lake of the Ozarks Golf Council’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Lake of the Ozarks Golf Council to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected under the supervision of the Lake of the Ozarks Golf Council. Winner will be notified through a Facebook message within 14 days following selection of Winner. Lake of the Ozarks Golf Council shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (at the Lake of the Ozarks Golf Council’s sole discretion) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that the Lake of the Ozarks Golf Council, anyone acting on behalf of the Lake of the Ozarks Golf Council, and the Lake of the Ozarks Golf Council licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Lake of the Ozarks Golf Council. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Lake of the Ozarks Golf Council from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which the Lake of the Ozarks Golf Council may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: The Lake of the Ozarks Golf Council reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond [Giveaway Owner] control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, the Lake of the Ozarks Golf Council may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Lake of the Ozarks Golf Council. The Lake of the Ozarks Golf Council reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The Lake of the Ozarks Golf Council has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, the Lake of the Ozarks Golf Council reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless the Lake of the Ozarks Golf Council and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MISSOURI WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in [location] having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is the Lake of the Ozarks Golf Council.
|Relax in style at the new Margaritaville Lake Resort at the Lake of the Ozarks.|
The rumors you’ve heard are true… there’s now a Margaritaville at the Lake of the Ozarks. You can go ahead and start singing that legendary Jimmy Buffett song now.
The new LandShark Bar & Grill on the property of Margaritaville Lake Resort at the Lake of the Ozarks.
“This scenic par-four hole should begin with a tee shot traveling between 200-220 yards from the middle tees.
That should leave you with a mid- to long-iron approach from the flattest part of the fairway.
Proper club selection is critical to wind up on the nearly 50-yard deep green. You should subtract approximately 15 yards from your distance to account for the elevation drop to the two-tiered green.
Lakeview Resort, located in picturesque Sunrise Beach, is one of the few remaining resorts of its kind at Lake of the Ozarks.
- Nebraska Golf Show, February 1-2 at the CHI Health Center Omaha (formerly the CenturyLink Center) in Omaha, Nebraska.
- St. Louis Golf Expo, February 8-10 at the St. Charles Convention Center
- Kansas City Golf Show, February 15-17 at the Overland Park Convention Center
- Chicago Golf Show, February 22-24 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois
- Greater Madison Golf Expo, March 1-3 at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison, Wisconsin
Don’t give up the game of golf for the winter!
Winter in Missouri still offers some warm days that allow golfers the chance to enjoy their favorite pastime.
Drew Geritz, head golf pro at Redfield Golf Club in Eugene offers this helpful tip on how to make sure you’re hitting your shots straight and consistently.
No matter the weather, golf at the Lake of the Ozarks is better, meaning golf is a four-season fixation at the Lake. Many of the Golf Trail‘s courses are open year-around and the lower prices and less crowded fairways mean that getting in a couple rounds of golf over the holidays is a great way to spend time with family and friends. So, check with your favorite golf courses at the Lake to see what kind of holiday golf specials they’re offering and make your fall golf getaway a family affair.
Several Golf Trail resorts have special holiday events and activities for golfers and their families to help make for a memorable and festive outing at the Lake of the Ozarks.
Care for delicious Thanksgiving meals with all the trimmings but without the hassles of cooking or cleaning up? The Lodge of Four Seasons and Tan-Tar-A Resort have you covered. Both resorts are offering Thanksgiving buffets for their guests on Thursday, Nov. 22. Also at Tan-Tar-A, there will be a bonfire and sing-along, a visit with Santa and a comedy show in conjunction with the lighting of the resort’s holiday lights.
Guests of Old Kinderhook can also enjoy a Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday, Nov. 22and the grand opening of the resort’s seasonal Christmas Village on Friday, Nov. 23. The Christmas Village will feature Santa Claus and his elves, carolers, s’mores, gingerbread house-making stations and horse-drawn carriage rides. The Ice, Old Kinderhook’s outdoor ice rink, will also be open for those that want to do some holiday skating. The Christmas Village will be open every weekend, beginning Friday, Nov. 23 through Sunday, Dec. 23.
The Lake area’s four drive-through holiday light parks will also open for the season on Thanksgiving. The Lake’s largest light park, The Enchanted Village of Lights, is located at the City Park in Laurie and is open from dark until 9 p.m. on weekdays and 10 p.m. on weekends. Also in Laurie is the Festival of Lights at St. Patrick’s Shrine. The Festival of Lights is open from 6-10 p.m. The Unity Circle of Lights in Versailles is open from dark until midnight. And, the Osage Beach City Parkgets dressed in the holiday spirit as well. Admission to all four light parks is free, but donations are welcome. For other holiday events at the Lake, visit the event calendar at www.FunLake.com.
Stay where you play at The Pines and Copper Falls Condominiums, located on the magnificent grounds of the Arnold Palmer-designed Osage National Golf Resort. After a day on the links, there is nothing like relaxing in one of our tastefully appointed two-bedroom, two-bath condos. Each accommodates up to six people, with a queen bed in the master, two twins in the second bedroom, a sofa bed in the living room, a fully equipped kitchen, satellite TV, washer/dryer and a patio/balcony.
Take a dip in the fabulous pool. Work out in the fitness center, or perfect your golf game on the practice green or driving range. Throw in a line at the stocked catch-and-release pond. Enjoy the breakfast buffet, lunch or dinner at the Eagle View Sports Bar & Grille. Dine inside while watching the big game on one of the HD TVs or on the veranda overlooking the Osage River valley.
Call us today at 573-365-1950 and let us put together the perfect golf package for you. Book a Golf Trail Getaway Package with us for as little as $99 per person per day plus tax.